Tuesday, July 5, 2011

some benchmarks to start

for those looking to go ITX, and wonder about comparable performance in such a small package, I wanted to show how the H67 chipset does with no OC (so far, I can multiplier OC, but that is coming later).

Remember, this is a stock 2500K, 2X2Gig DDR3 at 1333, and my Intel 160Gig X-25 G2 SSD.
The motherboard can do SATA6Gps, and I might go to 2X4Gig DDR3 later.
I also offers USB3 with two ports on the back.

Here are the first group of Benchies:
WEI


ATTO before I ran TRIM manually

You can see a pretty dramatic WRITE dip at 4K, and an odd READ drop at 4G.

ATTO after TRIM is run manually

That 4K dip is pretty much gone, and the 4G dip is reduced.  My write speeds are pretty consistent at 110-112MB/s.  About what I think to see with 51% SSD used by OS and a couple Games.

HDTach, running in XP mode and Admin mode, after Trim

For a SATA-3 product, it might not max out the channel, but it runs pretty consistently across fill states until I approach 75% full (I haven't recently, but I did briefly when I had LOTRO installed).

I will get to some other of the common benches, however I don't yet have a SATA6 or a native USB3 device to really push those limits, yet.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment