Saturday, July 2, 2011

reinstall after all

"no more rhyming, and I mean it!"

"anybody want a Peanut?"

even though I got desktop, and my WEI scores looks fine, the new system just behaved...oddly at time.

So I drug out my Win7 install, and got back to a fresh install.

My lacking Center channel audio seems to be due to a problem with my Psyko headset, since my Zalman 5.1s operate fine.

My video/audio hitching seems to be due to some driver/codec issue from the motherboard change...all fine now after fresh OS, fresh MPC-64-HC, and fresh K-Lite pack installs.

My lackluster NIC performance seems to be due to some driver/hardware issue from the motherboard change.  All fine now.

Scores look the same, but USE is normal as expected going from 12 threads down to 4 cores.  ;)

My RAM is currently my lowest WEI score at 7.5 since it's getting downclocked to 1333 (highest the motherboard can do) instead of the 1600 Tri-Channel settings of the X58 board.

Small, portable, quiet, nice temps, all a good changeover except for Thread count: CPU not linens.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment