Monday, May 16, 2011

filing and sanding and glue, oh my!

I worked off and on all weekend between rounds of DDO and TV.


Pretty happy with the PSU placement, but using hand saws and mitre boxes to cut 1/2" aluminum angle just won't do.  Seeing about renting/borrowing a powersaw Mitre with a metal blade!


Once the PSU is mounted properly I will move on the SlideRail base mount since the tubing movement will need as much room as I can manage.


The Motherboard and Harddrives will actually be the last thing to position since they won't be moving parts and I can route power/data inside the little case a lot easier than I can do different tubing movement.


Here is a quick sketchup of the internal layout at draft stage.

One of the most tedious tasks is scraping what remains of the foam and glue of the original case internals...I have found using the chisel tip of a nice flat screwdriver and then a couple rubdowns with Citric solvent (GooGone, CitraSolve, etc.) is yeilding the best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment