Friday, May 13, 2011

...a little design work

so, I have two 140mm Radiators provided by DangerDen for my Carbon Fiber mod that never went anywhere.


I also planned several years back to put a Commell ITX into a Gun Case I saw and bought somewhere.  Ugh, cleaning the lining out took FOREVAH and I just got tired of the process.


So, it's back!  I will get some solvent and finish up the interior even though it won't matter much, and I will use some duraLiner or something to satisfy my visual needs for tidiness.


How do I plan to fit 2X140mm Rad into a gun case...with popout tracks for them to extend when the system is running, and lock inside for when the case is in transport.


Key Goals:
ITX (170mmX170mm) motherboard, hoping Z68 gets here soon
Sandy Bridge, unless Ivy Bridge actually comes to desktop in 60 days.
Full capability GPU - maybe 6950, maybe 570GTX, something that is full service for Gaming.
As few openings for transport as I can manage: it should close up, lock up, and prevent dirt/outside elements from getting inside.  I don't want 4 fan holes + PSU port + backpanel just Open and exposed if I can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment