Thursday, May 26, 2011

waiting a bit, but getting ready to hit it hard this weekend

I cut up enough of my anodized aluminum angle material that I ran out.


I did the cutting at a Buddy's place but he uses the Mitre saw for work, so I am waiting to borrow it over the holiday weekend.


I also need to purchase the 1.75" square tubing to set up the Radiators for mounting, and then move on to tubing movement.


I MIGHT have a motherboard sponsor, but it's still very tentative.  I will surely report and promote that as soon as it's solid, but until then I won't reveal any more.


This is clearly not a "enter competition, gather attention" type mod, but I have longed to make movable Radiators in several forms (pivot, tilt, rotate, etc.) and this is shaping up to be a very elegant (IMO) solution and it will fit in a tiny, portable pacakge.


The benefit will be that they stow INSIDE the case and lock away during transport or power down.  When in operation they will be vented completely outside the case while the tubing stays inside.  2X140mm Radiators should cool a 2600K and full power GPU quite nicely!


If/when the Z68 mITXs arrive, I think they provide the compact and powerful solution many of us have been waiting a loooong time for.  :)


Watch over the holiday: lots of cutting, mounting, and little vids will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment