Friday, June 24, 2011

Fatality! Scratch one psu.


Not positive, but I think the dead power supply might have relationship to this messy leaky capacitor?

EDIT:  OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.  Yes, I am stupid sometimes.

The mounting brackets use button head bolts and square nuts (I already had them, just, work with me here).  ONE of the brackets has ONE bolt/nut that was pressing down on the Capacitor on the left side of the photo.

How did I discover this when I thought the PSU was dead?  I went to plug my drill into the same outlet the PSU was in...and it was dead too.  GFCI had tripped.

So I opened up the PSU, tested fine.  Took the brackets off, shell back on, tested fine.  Only one bolt/nut was anywhere near anything, so I opted to remove that bracket entirely, put the others back on, put the whole thing back together, tests fine.

UGH...stupid stupid stupid.  :P
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment