Friday, June 24, 2011

Much work! Me do lots of stuff!

Got the motherboard in thursday so I could mount the waterblock and start final location for the backplane.

It can be really tricky to cut, file, smooth, and align it without overcutting.

Hold in place: mark: drill one: hold up in place again: mark: drill second: rinse repeat.

Working in a case made of particle board and aluminum sheets that only holds its shape when all latches are closed...very careful before deciding.

Before I took the shots of the mounting I probably put it in and out 15 times. Angle at the plugs; alignment for microphone jacks; dremel cut to remove the end flare of the I/O shield; adhesive to hold the shield in place; more and more until it JUST fits (still about 1mm I would adjust).

More coming: busy weekend so I can get wiring and tubing going.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment